MBBS, FAFRM (RACP), FFPMANZCA
Consultant in Pain Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dr. Shum completed his medical training at Monash University in 2005 and has a dual qualification as a physician in Rehabilitation and Pain Medicine. He works in private practice and consults inpatients within Cabrini Health, Healthscope and Ramsay Health.
Dr. Shum sees patients in pain across a wide spectrum, with specialty interests in post-operative pain, geriatric pain, widespread and regional pain syndromes and post-injury rehabilitation. He remains engaged as an educator, supervising trainees and fellows in pain medicine and rehabilitation medicine through their specialist training programs. He works in roles to combine medical expertise and allied health services to develop persistent pain service models within private care settings.
At home, Dr. Shum hopes to live vicariously through his two children by training them to become professional athletes.
- International Association of the Study of Pain (IASP).
- Australian Medical Acupuncture College.
- International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (ISPRM).
- Pain Association of Singapore.
- Director, Melbourne Pain Group.
- Medical Lead, Pain Medicine, Cabrini Health.