MBBS (Melb), BMedSci, FAFRM (RACP), FFPMANZCA
Consultant in Pain Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dr Olivia Ong is on mission to inspire and empower patients with chronic pain and neurological disabilities to actively manage their pain and lead fulfilling lives.
Specialising in both Rehabilitation and Pain Management, Dr. Olivia Ong has extensive training and experience in Pain Medicine, both during her rehabilitation registrar and pain fellow training, and as a specialist.
She graduated from the University of Melbourne in 2004, and she completed her Rehabilitation Specialist training in 2016. She completed her Pain Specialist training in 2018.
Dr Ong’s main interest is holistic pain management in patients with both neurological disorders and chronic pain. She is fluent in Mandarin and Indonesian. Along with her excellent communication skills, Dr Olivia Ong values greatly an emphatic approach to the socio-psycho-biomedical management of her patients.
- Bachelor of Medical Science.
- MBBS (Melb).
- FAFRM (RACP).
- Member of Australian Pain Society.
- Member of NeuroPain SIG.
- Member of Pain, Mind and Movement SIG.
- Member of Abdominal and Pelvic Pain SIG.
- Fellow of Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (AFRM), a Faculty of Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
- Fellow of Faculty of Pain Medicine Australasian New Zealand College of Anaesthetists.
Additional Professional Activities and Contributions
Member of Learning and Development Committee in the Faculty of Pain Medicine.